Learner Puppy Raising Supervisor
Location: 126 Wroxham Rd Paulshof
Responsible to: Kennel Manager
- Recruitment, education and support of GDA’s Puppy Raisers, and to ensure that all GDA puppies are correctly socialised and that health and temperament problems are identified and resolved as soon as possible.
- Source new Puppy Raisers
- Interview potential Puppy Raisers.
- Host Puppy Socialising classes at GDA.
- Manage pups growth from whelping to formal training intake.
- Undertake whelpings as required.
- Visit Puppy Raisers in their homes or at agreed destinations to undertake socialising of the pup.
- Identify problem areas and give advice so that the problem can be rectified.
- Follow up on all pups that are experiencing problems on a more frequent basis.
- Accurate record keeping and prompt communication with Puppy Raiser.
- Report concerns to Kennel Manager.
- Assessment of puppies and adult dogs as required.
- Good people skills and willing to undertake public speaking.
- Physically fit.
- Willing to drive distances required to visit pups.
- Willing to work on weekends and after-hours when required.
- Willing to write exams and continue with ongoing education (dog behaviour/health)
- Experience with dogs and puppies essential.
- A formal COAPE course qualification an advantage.
- Puppy Socialisation experience an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of dog health an advantage.
- Driver’s licence for manual and automatic vehicles.
Persons interested in this position are requested to submit the following documents to Leigh De Beaufort at LeighD@guidedog.org.za
1.A copy of their CV and qualifications.
2.Letter of motivation.
3.Copy of their identity document.
Applications will close at 16h00 on 11 August 2017.
For more information please contact Leigh, at LeighD@guidedog.org.za
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within 4 weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.