A vacancy has arisen within South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind (GDA) for the position of Puppy Block Supervisor.
Location: 126 Wroxham road, Paulshof
Responsible to: Kennel and Puppy Raising HOD
- Responsible for the overall supervision in Puppy Block/Weaning Block of:
- Kennel Assistants who are working in these facilities
- Cleaning and Hygiene controls in these facilities
- Bio Hazard protocols in these facilities
- Socialising protocols in these facilities
- The care of dogs/puppies in these facilities
- Whelping broods
- Oversee hygiene in the Puppy Block/Weaning Block.
- Oversee staff who are working in Puppy Block/Weaning Block.
- Oversee volunteers who are working in Puppy Block/Weaning Block.
- Oversee socialisation protocols.
- Oversee the physical and emotional well being of all dogs and puppies in Puppy Block/Weaning Block.
- Undertake all record keeping and administration duties in Puppy Block/Weaning Block.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers.
- Good people skills.
- Experience with puppies from birth to eight weeks of age.
- Knowledge of brood bitches requirements from nesting to 8 weeks prior to whelping.
- Experience of whelping an advantage.
- Willingness to whelp broods, irrespective of the time of day.
- Willingness to work on weekends and after hours.
- Must be prepared to write tests and exams and achieve a 70% pass mark.