A vacancy has arisen within South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind (GDA) for the position of full time Marketing Co-ordinator.
Location: Kwa-Zulu Natal’s Central Durban Office; located at Tape Aid’s for the Blind
Responsible to: Kwa-Zulu Natal Marketing Manager
Key function: To assist with all current and on-going tasks and responsibilities of the Marketing Department in order to achieve annual targets. Full responsibility of tasks as listed below.
- Total responsibility of assigned events, including income and expenditure budgets.
- Visiting of retirement villages and schools to education regarding the work done by GDA.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with the organising of traditional and new expos throughout the year.
- Responsible for providing material for the website and social media on all events.
- Copywriting, press releases and update of current material as required.
- Allocation of puppies to sponsors, keeping records and giving feedback.
- Managing of Collection Tin and Car Raffle Programmes
- Administrative support for the Marketing Manager
- Events, expos, graduations and adhoc functions.
- Reporting at Month End
- Assist with other marketing activities as required.
- Passionate about the work of the Association.
- Must have a high work ethic and be driven to achieve targets.
- Must be prepared to give more than ‘nine to five’.
- Must treat donors and volunteers in a warm friendly manner.
- Must have a service orientated approach to dealing with donors.
- Empathy with people who are differently abled.
- Must have a warm, outgoing personality.
- Must love dogs, and be happy to have them in your environment.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Must be able to communicate and write in English and Afrikaans.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Must have a proven track record.
- Must be well spoken, well-groomed and presentable.
- Experience in project management an advantage.
- Must have event planning experience.
- Must be computer literate.
- Marketing qualification and relevant experience required.
- Event planning experience an advantage.
- Must be prepared to work after hours and on weekends.
Persons interested in this position must submit the following documents to Juliette Powell at JulietteP@guidedog.org.za
- A copy of their CV and qualifications.
- Letter of motivation.
- Copy of their identity document.
Applications close at 16h00 on 16 June 2017.
For more information please contact Juliette Powell, at JulietteP@guidedog.org.za
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within 4 weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.