A vacancy has arisen within at the Cape Town branch of the South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind
(GDA) for the position of full time Receptionist.
Location: 89 Belvedere Road, Claremont
Responsible to: Cape Town Branch Manager
- Reception, switchboard and administration duties.
- Administration assistance to Training department.
- Answer and direct calls, respond to calls as may be necessary.
- Take telephonic messages for Marketing and Training departments.
- Obtain quotes as requested for general maintenance and repairs.
- Responsible for administration duties, including the preparation of post, and opening of all incoming mail with a second staff member.
- Responsible for receipting and recording of all funds received.
- Control of stock.
- Updating of database as required.
- Petty cash control, issuing and re-imbursement.
- Adhoc payments and drawing of cash.
- Minute taking of weekly meetings.
- Take messages from Puppy Raisers and Guide Dog Owners for Training Department.
- Administration support to the Training Department – including, but not limited to:
- Preparation of Class Books, acceptance letters, application forms, and updating of waiting list spreadsheet, and sending same monthly to Johannesburg Training Secretary.
- General correspondence to Guide Dog Owners as requested by the Training Department.
- Good telephone manner.
- Computer literate in MS Office programs.
- Good typing skills.
- General office administration experience.
- Have experience in controlling stock.
- Have experience in issuing and reconciling petty cash.
- Be presentable as an ambassador for GDA.
- Be prepared to work afterhours and on weekends at marketing and awareness events.
- Be a teamplayer.
- Must be able to communicate in English and Afrikaans.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a minimum education level of a Matric Certificate.
- Must be comfortable in the presence of dogs, and people who are disabled.
Persons interested in this position are invited to submit the following documents to Jayne Nicolle at JayneN@guidedog.org.za
- 1. A copy of their CV and qualification
- 2. Letter of motivation.
- 3. Copy of their identity document
Applications will close on 31 March at 16h00
For more information please contact Jayne Nicolle at JayneN@guidedog.org.za
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within 4 weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.