A vacancy is available at the S A Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind, for a Housekeeper/ Caretaker of our Students Residence, grounds and buildings.
Capacity: Full time
Location: 126 Wroxham Road, Rietfontein, Paulshof
• Oversee and manage the domestic and gardening staff
• Provide catering for GDA functions, and classes
• Care for Guide Dog, Service Dog clients and O & M Students while on class
• Check, monitor and manage the maintenance of the grounds and property
• Monitor security of grounds and property, including electric fence
• Upkeep of all garden areas, maintenance of swimming pool
• Ensure that the cleanliness of all offices and buildings is of the highest standard
• Liaise with service providers
• Manage quoting processes for all repairs, maintenance and new projects
• Allocation of expenses between the GDA departments, and issuing of orders
• Ordering, purchasing and stock control of all consumables
• Handling after hour calls from Dog Owners, and the public
• Effective communicator, who places a high value on attention to detail
• Bi-lingual in English and Afrikaans
• Driver’s License and ability to drive a manual or automatic vehicle (not negotiable)
• Enthusiasm for and commitment to the aims of the S A Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind
• Must be a good team player who can also work on their own initiative and be willing to work weekends and afterhours
• Accommodation only for single person / couple
• Housekeeping and cooking skills
• Gardening skills
• Strong administration and financial skills for stock control and quoting
• Negotiating skills to ensure the best prices are quoted at all times
• Must be able to budget accurately
• Experience required in all skills
Persons interested in this position are requested to submit the following documents to Gail Glover at GailG@guidedog.org.za
1. A copy of their CV and qualifications. Contactable references essential.
2. Letter of motivation.
3. Copy of identity document.
Applications will close at 16h00 on 24 November 2017.
For more information please contact Gail, at GailG@guidedog.org.za
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within four weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.