A fantastic opportunity has arisen within South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind (GDA) for the position of Head Marketing, in Gauteng.
Location: 126 Wroxham Rd, Paulshof
Responsible to: Executive Director
• Develop a marketing strategy for GDA. Responsible for managing all Marketing staff.
• Budget planning for income and expenditure for the financial year.
• Analyse areas of potential funding and develop effective ways of attracting these funds to the Association.
• Plan marketing events, to grow income and GDA exposure.
• Social media management and growth. GDA’s Facebook and Twitter profile needs to be actively managed.
• Weekly management meetings with Marketing Co-ordinators and branches and minutes circulated to all HOD’s.
• Weekly reporting to Executive Director, on projects for the week, staff task allocation and updates on progress relative to annual budget plan.
• Monitor present and future marketing campaigns with the intention of maximising revenue.
• Project manage all marketing events, with due date deadlines for each aspect of the event. Including pre-event budgeting, and post-event report back.
• Ensure weekly news items for website and social media are prepared.
• Strategically grow Social Media reach for the benefit of reaching Marketing and Public Relations goals of the Association.
• Attend feedback meetings with website and service providers.
• Select appropriate service providers, within GDA’s guide lines for functions and liaise with them.
• Ensure media coverage is secured for all marketing events, and relevant press releases.
• Be part of the Marketing sub-committee.
• Project management of all GDA income streams (as per Marketing co-ordinator’s job descriptions, and new events).
• Ensure that Corporate donations are being actively sought.
• Efficient running of all marketing related administration.
• Prepare board reports on the progress of the Marketing department.
• Plan annual marketing strategy sessions, prior to budgeting (October to November), with all marketing staff.
• Next financial year’s budget must be complete by December of the prior year.
• Supervise and co-ordinate the work of all Marketing staff.
• Ensure that all marketing staff meet their job descriptions and KPI’s, and reach their full potential.
• Conduct quarterly performance appraisals, and performance manage if necessary.
• Responsible for the administration of staff HR documentation.
• Liaise with HOD’s and managers, to ensure that non marketing staff are available to support at relevant functions.
• Ensure accurate records are kept on all aspects of marketing events.
• Follow up on each event, documenting what should be changed for future events.
• The ROI for each event must be analysed.
• Analyse existing events, and replace with new events, when no longer viable.
• Ensure copies of all marketing event documents are recorded and filed.
• Passionate about the work of the Association.
• Must be able think tactically and strategically.
• Must be a strong leader, who can motivate staff.
• Must have a high work ethic and be driven to achieve targets.
• Must be prepared to give more than ‘nine to five’.
• Must be able to positively influence donors.
• Must have a service orientated approach to dealing with donors.
• Empathy with people who are differently abled.
• Must have a warm, outgoing personality.
• Must love dogs, and be happy to have them in your environment.
• Must be able to communicate in English and Afrikaans.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have a marketing qualification, and eight to ten years experience
• Must have a proven track record.
• Must be well spoken, well-groomed and presentable.
• Must be a skilled networker, and have existing contacts.
• Must have experience in project management.
• Event planning an advantage.
• Must have strong technical skills relative to marketing and budgeting.
• Must be computer literate.
Persons interested in this position must submit the following documents to Gail Glover, GailG@guidedog.org.za
1. A copy of their CV and qualifications.
2. Letter of motivation.
3. Copy of their identity document.
Applications will close at 16h00 on 30 March 2018.
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within 2 weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.