A vacancy has arisen at South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind (GDA) for the position of full time Finance Administrator (Income batching)
Location: 126 Wroxham Road, Paulshof
Responsible to: Head Finance
Key function: Responsible for batching donor’s income, to prepare for receipting.
• Responsible for the accurate recording of donor’s donations and all related banking, administration and financial tasks related thereto.
• Accurately identify and match donor income received to donors and campaigns.
• Identify type of income for accurate batching.
• Must be able to communicate and write in English and Afrikaans.
• Must have a high work ethic and be driven to achieve targets and deadlines.
• Must be prepared to work longer hours and weekends if necessary to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Must be a self-starter and work without supervision.
• Professionalism and tact with peers.
• Good communication skills.
• Motivated, positive and enthusiastic team player.
• Efficient, neat and tidy worker.
• Attention to detail.
• Must have a service orientated approach to dealing with donors.
• Empathy with people who are differently abled.
• Must love dogs, and be happy to have them in your environment.
Qualifications / experience:
• Matric certificate.
• Advanced MS Excel and Word experience.
• Strong numeracy skills.
• Proficient and accurate keyboard skills.
• Must have a proven track record.
Persons interested in this position must submit the following documents to Jayne Nicolle at JayneN@guidedog.org.za
1. A copy of their CV and qualifications.
2. Letter of motivation.
3. Copy of their identity document.
4. At least three contactable references.
Applications close at 16h00 on 30 November 2017.
For more information please contact Jayne Nicolle at JayneN@guidedog.org.za
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within 2 weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.